Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Talk

Conversations...its a lost art, really. I don't remember the last time I had a long meaningful conversation with someone. It's like this...either I'm switched off when someone's talking to me, resulting in maybe, 5-10 mins of chit-chat. Or the person whom I wish to talk to is preoccupied. Even while on the phone, I'm multi-tasking. It's as if, conversing has become a waste of time, a by-product of the crazy humdrum of life. Social networking isn't exactly helping! When did it become polite to check my phone every 5 mins, in the middle of a 'conversation'? And yet, I can't help it. This constant need for stimulation is tiring, so when I'm off the phone, I'm exhausted, and still not satiated. Reading helps, but again, I'm not actually talking to anyone. It feels like although I'm surrounded by people, I'm living a solitary life. A life of typed letters instead of voices, emoticons instead of emotions and profile pictures instead of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment